Senior SOC AnalystAmsterdam ICT
At the Security Operations Center (SOC) at our client in Amsterdam region we seek a Senior SOC Analyst.
Organisatie- en afdelingsomschrijving
At SOC they work together in an informal way and provide a lot of variety and opportunities to keep developing yourself. Our client works in an agile way and speed, productivity, agility and innovative power come first. For you as a Senior SOC analyst, this means an interactive and inspiring way of working together across the team and departmental boundaries. There are a few interesting new developments:
- International mandate: means that the SOC is going to provide security monitoring services to ABN in countries (which are now doing a lot themselves)
- Machine learning initiatives in-house not buy stuff but develop themselves)
- Extension of scope towards AWS and Azure
As a senior SOC analyst you work in an extensive team of security specialists. As an experienced Senior SOC analyst, you ensure that the daily activities relating to security monitoring and incident response, run smoothly. You take the initiative in urgent and complex incidents and ensure that appropriate countermeasures are taken in a timely manner. Your expertise provides insight, overview and peace of mind. Your ability to connect ensures a jointly supported solution.You are responsible for:
- Identifying, analyzing and following up security incidents where you use SIEM and log management tooling, threat intelligence and your own expertise and common sense;
- You contact partners in and outside the bank while keeping control and overview;
- As an expert you stay well informed of the latest developments in the area of technology and threats and you like to actively share this knowledge with your colleagues;
- You like to help with security-related questions, take initiative and escalate in time if necessary;
- Hunting is part of your daily routine because you know better than anyone that most threats are not automatically detected;
- You can also convert results from your hunts into use cases and optimizations of the tooling.
You are very curious by nature, perhaps you got your first computer apart to see how everything worked. You have:
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols, pen testing, operating systems, security monitoring tools, network analysis tools and attack techniques;
- Already applied this knowledge to HBO / WO level in a similar role for more then 5 years;
- So you understand how a SOC works and bring processes and techniques to the next level;
- With your communication skills you can deal with stakeholders on both technical and management level;
- Certifications such as CEH, OSCP, CISSP or SIEM Analyst are an advantage.
A salary ranging from 85.000 - 110.000 Euro Gross a year at a 36 hour workweek plus an 11 % benefit budget, depending on your level of experience
Grant Thornton Search & Interim +31 638727726